Organic Acid Test
Lab Phone Number: 800-522-4762
Purpose of Test
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
The Organix® Comprehensive nutritional test profile provides vital patient information from a single urine specimen. This organic acids nutritional test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
Cost Price of Test: $279 Cash Price (Please put your credit card number on the requisition. If the price is not on the requisition – please fill in this price). The price is subject to change if you are re-testing in the future. You may not be billed right away for the test as the lab bills on a monthly cycle. Depending on your insurance company, this may be covered and the cost under insurance would be $175. The lab is in network with most insurance companies except for the following: Medicare, Aetna, Humana, Principal, Kaiser, Tufts, BCBS Federal Employee Program (FEP)
1. Can I ship my specimen on a Friday?
NO, you must ship your specimen from Monday – Thursday
2. Do I need to fill out the personal health assessment form?
NO you do not need to fill this form out
3. My clinicians signature is not on the requisition, is this required?
NO it is not required
4. Do I need to stop taking any of my medications before I collect my sample?
No please do not stop any of your medications before collecting your sample
5. My test kit did not have a Test Requisition Form.
You should call our patient care coordinator Rebecca at 315-451-1152 for a Test Requisition Form.
6. Please label your vial with your name and DOB.
Please write your Name and DOB on a piece of masking tape and use that to label your vial.
7. What happens if I receive a yellow invoice in the mail for the test?
If you submitted payment info and the office has not contacted you, this is an EOB from the lab showing you how much the test would have cost had you not gone through our office with our discounted rates. The lab is required to send 3 of these invoices. These are just for your records and you do not need to make a payment. If you receive a white paper invoice from the lab, this is a bill that needs to be paid. Please submit payment to the lab directly.
8. What if I receive payment for my test directly from my insurance company?
If you receive payment directly from the insurance company, then the payment and a copy of the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) must immediately be forwarded to Genova Diagnostics.
How to fill out your shipping documents:
Follow the instructions according to this document
2. Fill in this info on the shipping envelope provided: